NTOU Preventive Measures on COVID-19
3 November 2021 Release
The Central Epidemic Command Center announced that epidemic alert level 2 will still remain from November 2 to 15, 2021. To comply with this development, the 42ndepidemic prevention meeting was held on 3 November, led by President Tai-Wen Hsu, to formulate the university response and adjustments based on government requirements and policies. The University, with its continuous effort, is providing the latest information and publishes its epidemic prevention measures and alerts on its website for updates. All faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to cooperate, follow, and participate in these relevant measures to ensure everyone and the safety of the campus. The following are the updated guidelines to be strictly followed while in the campus vicinity.
- Face-to-face classes started last October 12, 2021. The teaching and operating methods of various courses will be adjusted according to government regulations and guidelines.
- Strictly follow the anti-epidemic regulations on:
- Adopt fixed seating assignments and implement roll-call; If fixed seats are not available, the teacher will take a picture of the class with the seating arrangements of the students that will be kept in case it will be needed for the purpose of epidemic investigation.
- When teaching, teachers do not need to wear masks if social distancing is maintained or there is an appropriate barrier; but teachers must wear mask before and after teaching. Students should wear a mask and disinfect their hands. Eating and drinking is not allowed during class.
- Classrooms should be well ventilated and with regular cleaning; equipment and tools should be properly disinfected.
- The course units should confirm that the physical venue of the class meets the requirements of the epidemic prevention. Notify the instructor to adjust the class according to the latest guidelines provided by the Ministry of Education. Ask teachers to maintain the course seat plan (or take photos of the student sitting assignments of students) for the Ministry of Education audit or epidemic investigation.
- Teaching units should provide an online teaching platform for students who have not entered the country or during the quarantine/self-health management period and record the attendance of students in the class.
- Laboratories should strictly require everyone to wear a mask the entire time inside the facility. Social distancing must be maintained during the conduct of experiments. The laboratories must be disinfected after being used and before the next batch of students can enter. The Occupational Safety and Health Center(OSHC) will perform random inspections of laboratory facilities from time to time to check whether staff have complied with the regulations for the second-level alert. Violations, if any, will be sent to the Office of the Secretary for their corresponding sanctions.
Meetings and Events
- Events will be cancelled if they do not meet the allowable number of individuals at the venue; perform risk assessments before the event. Body temperature should be checked and alcohol will be sprayed for disinfection. A mask is required during the activity. Drinking and eating are strictly prohibited.
- The relevant procurement cases of the General Affairs Office shall be extended appropriately as needed and will be handled in accordance with the instructions of the Engineering Committee.
Wearing a mask
- Wear a mask at all times in the vicinity of the school.
- Individual can take off the mask when engaged in sports, singing or taking personal/group photos indoors and outdoors; masks should be put back right after. If there are related symptoms or if the person cannot maintain social distancing, people should still wear a mask.
- It will be conducted by interview or written review. Those who will take physical interviews must respond in accordance with the academic year 2021 of the Ministry of Education. Severe special infectious pneumonia epidemic prevention management guidelines are carried out. Wearing masks is in accordance with the teaching regulations of the teachers. All departments should prepare another test stie for epidemic prevention except if interviews are made outside.
- The method of enrollment examination will be adjusted at any time in accordance with the latest news released by the Central Epidemic Command Center and the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Education.
Relief Measure for Overseas Students
- The deadline for application is on November 19, 2021. Please refer to the website of the Division of Life Guidance Services (https://stu.ntou.edu.tw/p/412-1023-7511.php?Lang=en).
If faculty and students need to go overseas, whether on weekdays, holidays, winter or summer vacations, they should request approval from the University President at least 10 days before the target departure date.
- Those with important appointments or functions on campus should adopt the requirements and guidelines in accordance with the relevant epidemiological regulations.
- All buildings will strictly implement a single entry system with temperature checking and the requirement of wearing a mask upon entry. Those without masks are not allowed to enter the building. If a person has hyperthermia or fever after checking body temperature, report or notify the School Health Center immediately. The daily temperature check will be reported to the school.
- The Security and School Safety Center will conduct laboratory inspections and campus patrols.
- The library is open all faculty and students, and to those who holds alumni library cards and those who hold retire faculty and staff library cards; outsiders are still not allowed to use the library.
- Since October 12, the Quanxing Library, reading and copying, book borrowing and returning, reference, and consulting services will return to normal operations. Visit the website of the Office of Library and Information Technology (https://li.ntou.edu.tw/?Lang=en) for opening hours.
- All restaurants within the school must adopt the integrated system for body temperature control and alcohol disinfection. Mask should be worn when inside the restaurant except when eating and structure follow the guidelines for the epidemic prevention in the catering industry.
Student Vaccination Leave
- Students are required to request a student vaccination leave in accordance with regulations for vaccines or caring for family members.
- Vaccination leave (public leave to aid in epidemic prevention): students who are vaccinated must attach the “COVID-19 vaccination record card”. The number of allowable days should be at most 3 consecutive days from the day of vaccination (including holidays).
- Family care leave (to assist in epidemic prevention): This is applicable to a student or spouse who accompanies an immediate family member for vaccination or takes care of relatives with immediate adverse effect after vaccination. A copy of the 'COVID-19 vaccination record card' should be attached.
- If students need to apply for an epidemic-related leave, they must request a leave according to the regulations provided by the government. For details, see the website of the Division of Life Guidance Services (https://stu.ntou.edu.tw/p/412-1023-7511.php?Lang=en).
- The leave provided serves as a support for the prevention measures of the epidemic. After completing the request for leave, students will be exempted from being absent.
- Dormitory residents are required to take their temperature when entering the dormitory. For those who had fever due to vaccination within 5 days, students must show their vaccination cards and fill in the information required for the Notice of Non-Health Monitor Fever System to facilitate follow-ups and monitoring from the university.
- The use of masks is strictly required in the dormitory.
- A person listed to do a home quarantine will be notified by the Keelung City Health Bureau and will be sent to a quarantine hotel.
- If a student is listed in the Keelung City Health Bureau and in the University Health Center as a residential student with independent health management, he must stay in the dormitory and is not allowed to leave. The university will provide the sanitary tools and equipment, perform daily cleaning and disinfection, and will be handled following the anti-epidemic rules set by the Taiwan government.
- For food delivery on the first floor of the dormitory, delivery staff must log in using the QR code at the dormitory counter.
Faculty and Staff Work Arrangement
- Faculty and staff are back to normal working hours. For the epidemic prevention and, care leave, and personal leaves, refer to the regulations provided.
- Online documents are encouraged to avoid contact with other individuals. If a paper document is a must, individuals can leave immediately as soon as official documents were delivered or handed to a certain office.
- All restaurants within the vicinity of the university must follow the real name system, temperature check, and alcohol disinfection at the entrance. Masks are required except for eating. Follow the Guidelines for Epidemic Prevention in the Catering Industry.
- The University’s First Restaurant, Second Restaurant, Family Mart (Ocean Store), and the Haiyin Restaurant are all open.
- Faculty and employees must continue to manage their health. Everyone should wear masks, do frequent hand washing, pay attention to the ventilation of the area, and avoid crowded places. Individuals with fever and respiratory symptoms must wear a mask and are encouraged to seek medical treatment and stay home to rest.
- Persons who met the qualification for the vaccination category should receive the vaccine as soon as possible. They must register on the COVID-19 Public Vaccination Appointment Platform by themselves. Also, check out the page for the anti-epidemic area to watch vaccination promotions.
- Individuals under quarantine and self-management are prohibited from entering campus and laboratories. Ask the security center to assist with inspections and spot checks.
- The care and division of responsibilities are with the following designations: faculty and staff (The Occupational Safety and Health Center(OSHC) ), overseas Chinese (military training room), international students (Office of the International Affairs), confirmed cases (Health Center); all departments are encouraged to continue to care for students.
- As announced by the National Health Command Center – Taiwan Center for Disease Control, the public activity history and the time listed in the announcement where a confirmed individual is positive for COVID-19 are considered. Someone present at the same relevant place (based on entry and exit time) must cooperate and undergo health management or supervision. For 14 days, a person under self-health management must report his current health status to the NTOU Health Center online.
- The University strictly implements pandemic prevention measures and those with symptoms must immediately notify the NTOU Health Center (extension number 1070-1073). Inform the authorities by calling the 1922 Hotline.