The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has adjusted preventive measures for COVID-19 since May 1. On June 23, the 54th pandemic prevention meeting was held under the supervision of President Tai-Wen Hsu in response to the pandemic situation in Keelung and the regulation launched by the Ministry of Education (MOE). The latest adjustments will be updated on NTOU’s website. All faculty members, staff, and students should follow the preventive measures to ensure everyone’s safety!
1. All classes, including physical education and exams, are switched to online instruction until July 5, 2022.
2. The final oral examination for Ph.D. and master’s degrees should be finished until July 31, 2022. Students and exam committee in NTOU should conduct in-person oral examinations on campus, except for those under quarantine or who are confirmed cases for COVID-19; exam committee outside of NTOU can participate in the exam online. Essays should be submitted no later than August 15, 2022.
3. According to Ministry of Education (MOE), if Master’s and Ph.D students who have already applied for final oral examination are unable to finish the exam and graduation procedure because of Covid-19, are allowed to finish them before September 30th by submitting special application. Those students are still regarded as a 110-2 graduate.
(1) The procedure of special application should be done by the department before July 31st.
(2) Those who get approved for the special application, should submit the “final oral examination withdrawal” “final oral examination’s grade reservation” no later than September 30th.
(3) Students who are unable to graduate before September 30th, have to pay for the school fee for 111-1 and finish the registration procedure.
4. Teachers should announce information related to classes on TronClass, and be aware of the following information:
(1) Please follow the syllabus’s teaching content and schedule.
(2) Please pay attention to students’ reflections and messages on TronClass and give responses.
(3) Please record students’ attendance, discussion, exam…, etc., during classes for inspection in the future.
5. Each teaching unit should provide online teaching and exam for students who are currently not in Taiwan and record students' attendance (e.g., video files or other evidence for attendance).
6. School leaving procedure for graduates should be done online. Diplomas can be sent by post or received on campus.
7. 110 academic year’s summer classes (including tests) are online and not available for non-NTOU students.
8. Units that have to give face-to-face courses in order to conduct commissioned project should abide by the pandemic preventive measure.
【Conferences and Events】
1. From June 26th to September 4th, all the face-to-face conferences and events can be hold face-to-face or online. Face-to-face conferences and events has to abide by the pandemic preventive measure.
2. Procurement cases related to the General Affairs Office may be extended when necessary and should be following a letter from the Engineering Council. On-campus construction projects can continue, and relevant personnel should observe epidemic prevention management following prescribed regulations.
1. The method of admission exam will be adjusted anytime following the announcements released by the Central Epidemic Command Center and the guidelines of the Ministry of Education. For the adjustments, please refer to the University's admission information website.
2. Interview of enrollment examination for postgraduate’s multi-skilled project should be online.
1. All buildings will strictly implement a single entrance system with temperature checking. They will be required to wear masks upon entry and should strengthen their environmental cleanliness. Those who will not wear masks are not allowed to enter the building. After temperature checking, if a person has a high temperature or fever, they should report or notify the School Health Center immediately.
2. Urgent disinfection will be done by the Division of Health Services and Occupational Safety and Health Center for areas with confirmed cases. These two offices will decide the site for disinfection; individual applications for disinfection will not be addressed.
3. Please refer to the website https://peadmin.ntou.edu.tw/?Lang=zh-tw for the opening hour of gymnasium from June 26th to September 4th.
4. The Occupational Safety and Health Center will strengthen its laboratory inspections, and the police force will strengthen its campus patrols.
5. Library: it will continue to cater to students, school staff, holders of alumni library cards, retired library cardholders, and University System of Taipei teachers and students (make sure to enter the library building with your staff card or student card); outsiders are still not allowed to use the library. Please refer to the library’s website for the opening hour.
6. All restaurants must strictly follow the temperature check, wear masks when not eating, alcohol disinfection and strengthen the cleanliness of the environment. Although on-campus restaurants are open for dining, response measures for confirmed cases in restaurants and catering services shall be handled under the “Guidelines for Epidemic Prevention in the Catering Industry.”
7. Teachers, students, and staff should continue to follow the relevant regulations when participating in the banquet.
【Student Vaccination Leave】
1. Students under the following circumstances may apply for leave following the university’s “Special Measures for Leave Request for Students During the COVID-19 Epidemic”. For details, refer to the website of the Division of Life Guidance Services
(1) Confirmed case
(2) Mild cases which are under quarantine
(3) Close COVID contacts who are under quarantine or border quarantine
(4) COVID contacts in the same working and studying environment who are under the 3-day preventive measures
(5) Adverse reactions to vaccination: vaccinated students must submit a copy of the “COVID-19 Vaccination Card” for processing. The number of days for the leave is up to 3 consecutive days (including holidays) from the day of vaccination.
(6) Family care leave (to assist in epidemic prevention): can avail of the leave if the student will accompany a family or relative (at most second-degree blood relatives), or spouse, for a maximum of 3 days. Students must attach the photocopy of the "COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card" and any proof of affinity.
(7) For special reasons, it should be approved by the relevant organizers.
2. The above reasons for leave requests cooperate with the epidemic prevention work. It will not be counted as an absence. If the reason for leave is not listed above, students have to follow “NTOU’s Student Leave Regulations” to apply for general leave based on their situation.
1. Dormitory residents must take their temperature when entering the dormitory. Students who have a fever for five days due to vaccination must show their vaccination cards and fill in the information required for the "Notification of Non-Health Monitor Persons" system to facilitate follow-ups and monitoring from the University.
2. Wearing masks is strictly required in the dormitory.
3. From today until June 27, students living in the dormitory can finish the dormitory check-out procedure during the counter’s service hour. From June 25-27, those driving to help students move out of the dormitory can drive into the campus. The parking fee can be waived with a one-time parking-fee free ticket. (For a detailed dormitory check-out announcement, please refer to the Division of Dormitory Guidance’s website.)
4. Basically, confirmed cases who live in the dorm or those who are under quarantine should go back home. Those who are unable to go home should undergo quarantine at the place arranged by the school.
5. Students under quarantine who are not infected with COVID-19 and under self-health management should stay in their assigned room for self-health management. In addition, the shared bathroom facilities on the side will be provided with special labels for each bedroom to reduce the risk of cross-infection.
6. The dormitory will be regularly cleaned and disinfected; supplies for disinfection will be provided to the residents.
7. Students who are confirmed cases and close COVID contacts get full subsidy for taking a taxi going back home. A subsidy can be applied with a receipt at the end of June.
【Faculty and Staff Work Arrangement】
1. Faculty member infected with Covid-19 can take official leave during 7-day quarantine. Faculty member who are under quarantine, self initiated epidemic prevention, border quarantine, or has to take care of children under 12/disabled children who have to take online classes, are allowed to work from home.
2. Faculty and staff who have a history of contact with confirmed cases or experiencing fever or other flu-like symptoms, abnormal sense of smell, or unexplained diarrhea, please seek medical treatment or COVID-19 screening the soonest as possible. The concerned individual can take time off to recuperate at home and should not go to work on campus.
3. Upon reporting, those under work from home set-up should fill in the daily work log and send it to the team's supervisor for review when they are back to school.
4. Those who WFH should still work online every day and fill the work log for the accomplishments and send it to the unit supervisor for audit upon reporting to school.
【New Ocean Researcher 2】
1. For researchers: Those infected with COVID-19 within 14 days before sailing and are fully recovered or used to be in close contact with a person positive for COVID-19 and have finished quarantine will be advised not to sail even if they are tested negative using the rapid test.
2. For crew members: Flexible adjustments would be made according to the instructions of CECC and Maritime Port Bureau. For example, when the required number of crew members is met for the sailing to proceed, those with confirmed COVID-19 infection or close contact with a person positive for COVID-19 and have finished quarantine will not be asked to join the sailing or voyage.
1. Faculty, staff, and students with plans to go overseas, whether during weekdays, holidays, winter, or summer vacations, should request approval 10 days before the target departure. Forms should be filled out and approved by the President.
1. Students or teachers on campus diagnosed or tested positive for COVID-19 should notify the school as soon as possible. Teachers and students should contact teaching assistants of their respective departments. Staff should contact the Occupational Safety and Health Center. The departments and occupation safety and health center will report to the Health Protection Team of the Academic Affairs Office as soon as possible.
2. Students and staff must continue to manage their health. Everyone should wear masks, do frequent hand washing, pay attention to the area's ventilation, and avoid crowded places. Individuals with fever and respiratory symptoms must wear a mask and are encouraged to seek medical treatment and stay home to rest.
3. Persons who meet the qualification for the vaccination category should receive the vaccine as soon as possible. Register at the Keelung City Health Bureau COVID-10 Vaccination Clinic Information (https://www.klchb.klcg.gov.tw/tw/klchb/1361-249789.html). Go to the epidemic prevention section to view the vaccination promotional videos.
4. Those under quarantine/border quarantine are prohibited from entering the campus and laboratories. On the other hand, those who finish quarantine and are under self-health management are allowed to enter the campus but cannot dine inside the restaurants or go to crowded places. Therefore, in principle, those within the 4th to 7th quarantine day should not go into the campus.
5. Those who visited the same places and time with confirmed cases monitor your health condition for the next 7 days. Please report to the Division of Health Services your health situation if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
6. The following are the designations for the care and division of responsibilities: faculty and staff (Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC), overseas students (OSHS), international students (Office of the International Affairs), confirmed cases (Health Center); all departments are encouraged to continue to care for students.
7. The University strictly implements pandemic prevention measures, and those with symptoms must immediately notify the NTOU Health Center (extension number 1070-1073). Inform the authorities by calling the 1922 Hotline.
If Local Health Unity notifies the staff and students as home quarantined, inform the school as soon as possible so the person concerned can assist in caring for or carrying out the required related Work.
1. Health Care group (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM): 02-24622192 ext. 1070-1073.
2. Non-working hours:
(1) School Safety Center: 02-24629976
(2) Health Protection Team line ID: @084ddfua
Everyone is wished good health and happiness. Let us all beat the COVID-19 together.