The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has adjusted preventive measures for COVID-19 since May 1. On August 25, the 55th pandemic prevention meeting was held under the supervision of President Tai-Wen Hsu in response to the pandemic situation in Keelung and the regulation launched by the Ministry of Education (MOE). The latest adjustments will be updated on NTOU’s website. All faculty members, staff, and students should follow the preventive measures to ensure everyone’s safety!
1. All classes, including PE classes, are switch back to face-to-face classes.
(1) Pandemic prevention measures have to be abided by:
A. Teachers are allowed to give lectures without wearing masks, but have to always prepare masks with them. Teachers should still wear masks if they have symptoms of Covid-19, or are unable to maintain social distance (1.5 meter) with others. When Teachers approach students; for example, during experiments, masks should be worn.
B. Students must wear masks all the time during classes.
C. All the classrooms and equipment should have good ventilation and get sanitized regularly.
(2) Each teaching unit should make sure equipment and lesson plan for online classes are well-prepared.
2. Each teaching unit should provide online teaching and exam for new-coming students who are currently not in Taiwan or are under self-health management, and record students' attendance (e.g., video files or other evidence for attendance).
1. The method of admission exam will be adjusted anytime following the announcements released by the Central Epidemic Command Center and the guidelines of the Ministry of Education. For the adjustments, please refer to the University's admission information website.
【Conferences and Events】
1. Conferences and events can be held face-to-face, or can also be online if needed. Pandemic preventive measure has to be implemented during face-to-face conferences and events.
2. Procurement cases related to the General Affairs Office may be extended when necessary and should be following a letter from the Engineering Council. On-campus construction projects can continue, and relevant personnel should observe epidemic prevention management following prescribed regulations.
1. All buildings will strictly implement a single entrance system with temperature checking. They will be required to wear masks upon entry and should strengthen their environmental cleanliness. Those who will not wear masks are not allowed to enter the building. After temperature checking, if a person has a high temperature or fever, they should report or notify the School Health Center immediately.
2. Urgent disinfection will be done by the Division of Health Services and Occupational Safety and Health Center for areas with confirmed cases. These two offices will decide the site for disinfection; individual applications for disinfection will not be addressed.
3. Please refer to the website https://peadmin.ntou.edu.tw/?Lang=zh-tw for the opening hour of gymnasium.
4. The Occupational Safety and Health Center will strengthen its laboratory inspections, and the police force will strengthen its campus patrols.
5. Library: Students and school staff, please swipe student ID cards or staff cards to enter. Those who take library card issued by Office of Library and Information Technology, please give your card to the front desk for entering. University System of Taipei/MHOU teachers and students, and other readers, please go to the front desk for visitor pass. Please refer to the library’s website for the opening hour.
6. All restaurants must strictly follow the temperature check, wear masks when not eating, alcohol disinfection and strengthen the cleanliness of the environment. Although on-campus restaurants are open for dining, response measures for confirmed cases in restaurants and catering services shall be handled under the “Guidelines for Epidemic Prevention in the Catering Industry.”
7. Teachers, students, and staff should continue to follow the relevant regulations when participating in the banquet.
1. Students can move into the dormitory starting from 9AM, September 3rd. Please check in during the dormitory front desk’s service hour (weekdays: 9AM-8PM; weekends: 10AM-8PM). As for regulation for visitors, please refer to division of dormitory guidance’s website.
2. Dormitory residents must take their temperature when entering the dormitory. Students who have a fever for five days due to vaccination must show their vaccination cards and fill in the information required for the "Notification of Non-Health Monitor Persons" system to facilitate follow-ups and monitoring from the University.
3. Wearing masks is strictly required in the dormitory.
4. Basically, confirmed cases who live in the dorm or those who are under quarantine should go back home. Those who are unable to go home should undergo quarantine at the place arranged by the school.
5. Students under quarantine who are not infected with COVID-19 and under self-health management should stay in their assigned room for self-health management. In addition, the shared bathroom facilities on the side will be provided with special labels for each bedroom to reduce the risk of cross-infection.
6. The dormitory will be regularly cleaned and disinfected; supplies for disinfection will be provided to the residents.
【Student Official Leave for Covid-19】
1. Students under the following circumstances may apply for leave following the university’s “Special Measures for Leave Request for Students During the COVID-19 Epidemic”. For details, refer to the website of the Division of Life Guidance Services
(1) Confirmed case
(2) Mild cases which are under quarantine or are tested positive
(3) Close COVID contacts who are under quarantine or border quarantine
(4) COVID contacts in the same working and studying environment who are under the 3-day preventive measures
(5) Adverse reactions to vaccination: vaccinated students must submit a copy of the “COVID-19 Vaccination Card” for processing. The number of days for the leave is up to 3 consecutive days (including holidays) from the day of vaccination.
(6) Family care leave (to assist in epidemic prevention): can avail of the leave if the student will accompany a family or relative (at most second-degree blood relatives), or spouse, for a maximum of 3 days. Students must attach the photocopy of the "COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card" and any proof of affinity.
(7) For special reasons, it should be approved by the relevant organizers.
2. The above reasons for leave requests cooperate with the epidemic prevention work. It will not be counted as an absence. If the reason for leave is not listed above, students have to follow “NTOU’s Student Leave Regulations” to apply for general leave based on their situation.
【Faculty and Staff Work Arrangement】
1. Faculty member infected with Covid-19 can take official leave during 7-day quarantine. Faculty member who are under quarantine, self-initiated epidemic prevention, border quarantine, or has to take care of children under 12/disabled children who have to take online classes, are allowed to work from home. Close contacts who are under self-initiated epidemic prevention can go to the campus for work if tested negative for rapid test, and please wear masks all the time and maintain social distance.
2. Faculty and staff who have a history of contact with confirmed cases or experiencing fever or other flu-like symptoms, abnormal sense of smell, or unexplained diarrhea, please seek medical treatment or COVID-19 screening the soonest as possible. The concerned individual can take time off to recuperate at home and should not go to work on campus.
3. Upon reporting, those under work from home set-up should fill in the daily work log and send it to the team's supervisor for review when they are back to school.
4. Those who WFH should still work online every day and fill the work log for the accomplishments and send it to the unit supervisor for audit upon reporting to school.
【New Ocean Researcher 2】
1. For researchers: Those infected with COVID-19 within 14 days before sailing and are fully recovered or used to be in close contact with a person positive for COVID-19 and have finished quarantine will be advised not to sail even if they are tested negative using the rapid test.
2. For crew members: Flexible adjustments would be made according to the instructions of CECC and Maritime Port Bureau. For example, when the required number of crew members is met for the sailing to proceed, those with confirmed COVID-19 infection or close contact with a person positive for COVID-19 and have finished quarantine will not be asked to join the sailing or voyage.
1. Faculty, staff, and students with plans to go overseas, whether during weekdays, holidays, winter, or summer vacations, should request approval 10 days before the target departure. Forms should be filled out and approved by the president.
1. Students or teachers on campus diagnosed or tested positive for COVID-19 should notify the school as soon as possible. Teachers and students should contact teaching assistants of their respective departments. Staff should contact the Occupational Safety and Health Center. The departments and occupation safety and health center will report to the Health Protection Team of the Academic Affairs Office as soon as possible.
2. Students and staff must continue to manage their health. Everyone should wear masks, do frequent hand washing, pay attention to the area's ventilation, and avoid crowded places. Individuals with fever and respiratory symptoms must wear a mask and are encouraged to seek medical treatment and stay home to rest.
3. Persons who meet the qualification for the vaccination category should receive the vaccine as soon as possible. Register at the Keelung City Health Bureau COVID-10 Vaccination Clinic Information (https://www.klchb.klcg.gov.tw/tw/klchb/1361-249789.html). Go to the epidemic prevention section to view the vaccination promotional videos.
4. Regulation of entering the campus:
(1) Those who are under boarder quarantine and self-initiated epidemic prevention (7 days in total), or are confirmed cases under quarantine (7 days in total), are prohibited to go to the campus and laboratory.
(2) Confirmed cases: 7-day quarantine and 7-day self-health management following the end of quarantine are required. Students are allowed to attend classes during self-health management, but is prohibited to dine in the restaurant or go to crowded places. Please always wear masks in campus.
(3) Close contacts (those who live with confirmed cases):
A. Those who under 3+4 quarantine: Do not go to the campus during 3-day quarantine (Students who live on campus, please don’t leave the quarantine dormitory). Do not attend the classes during 4-day self-initiated epidemic prevention.
B. Those who under 0+7 quarantine: Do not attend the classes during 7-day self-initiated epidemic prevention.
C. During self-initiated epidemic prevention, people having negative rapid test within 2 days are allowed to go to the campus to work or go to the laboratory.
(4) Those who are under self-health monitoring (interacting with confirmed cases or people tested positive without wearing masks for more than 15 minutes): please wear masks, you can attend classes if tested negative for rapid test.
5. The following are the designations for the care and division of responsibilities: faculty and staff (Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC), overseas students (OSHS), international students (Office of the International Affairs), confirmed cases (Health Center); all departments are encouraged to continue to care for students.
6. The University strictly implements pandemic prevention measures, and those with symptoms must immediately notify the NTOU Health Center (extension number 1070-1073). Inform the authorities by calling the 1922 Hotline.
If Local Health Unity notifies the staff and students as home quarantined, inform the school as soon as possible so the person concerned can assist in caring for or carrying out the required related Work.
1. Health Care group (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM): 02-24622192 ext. 1070-1073.
2. Non-working hours:
(1) School Safety Center: 02-24629976
(2) Health Protection Team line ID: @084ddfua
Everyone is wished good health and happiness. Let us all beat the COVID-19 together.