The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has adjusted preventive measures for COVID-19 since May 1. On November 2, 2022, in response to the latest "Guidelines for the Prevention and Management of Severe Special Infectious Pneumonia in Colleges and Universities" announced by the Ministry of Education (MOE), this measure was revised under the supervision of President Tai-Wen Hsu. The latest adjustments will be updated on the NTOU’s website. All faculty members, staff, and students should follow the preventive measures to ensure everyone’s safety!
1. All classes, including PE classes, are switched back to face-to-face classes.
(1) Pandemic prevention measures have to be abided by:
A. It is recommended that teachers wear masks at all times while teaching. If teachers have special needs, teachers can use a transparent mask.
B. Students must wear masks and sanitize their hands all the time and are not allowed to eat or drink during classes.
C. All the classrooms should have good ventilation, and the equipment should get sanitized regularly.
(2) Each teaching unit should make sure the equipment and lesson plan for online classes are well-prepared.
2. Each teaching unit should provide online teaching and exam for new-coming students who are currently not in Taiwan or are under self-health management and record students' attendance (e.g., video files or other evidence for attendance).
3. During the period of health management, students who cannot attend school must complete online assessments or reports given by teachers.
If students or teachers on campus are diagnosed or tested positive, please fill in the "Confirmed/Close Contact Notification" in the school's epidemic prevention area as soon as possible. Teachers and students should contact the teaching assistants of their respective departments. Staff should contact the Occupational Safety and Health Center. The departments and the Occupation Safety and Health Center will report to the Health Protection Team of the Academic Affairs Office as soon as possible so the person concerned can assist in caring or carrying out the related work.
1. Health Care group (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM): 02-24622192 ext. 1070-1073.
2. Non-working hours:
(1) School Safety Center: 02-24629976 #1403、1404
(2) Health Protection Team Line ID: @084ddfua
【Resident student domiciliary care or quarantine taxis subsidy】
1 . The school will subsidize the students who are confirmed to live on campus in the first semester of the 111 academic year and the students who have close contact with them to take an epidemic prevention taxi home. Students need to show application forms and receipts to the Office of Student Affairs before November 30, 2022. For details, please refer to the following websites.
(1) School's epidemic prevention: https://2019-ncov.ntou.edu.tw/.
(2) Office of Student Affairs website: https://stu.ntou.edu.tw/p/412-1023-7511.php?Lang=zh-tw.
1. Wearing masks is strictly required in the dormitory. Dormitory residents must take their temperature when entering the dormitory.
2. Basically, confirmed cases who live in the dorm and their roommates should go back home. Those who are unable to go home should self-initiate epidemic prevention or quarantine at the place arranged by the school.
3. The dormitory public area will be cleaned and disinfected regularly; supplies for disinfection will be provided to the residents in need.
1. Students and staff must continue to manage their health. Everyone should wear a mask, do frequent hand washing, pay attention to the area's ventilation, and avoid crowded places. Individuals with fever and respiratory symptoms must wear a mask and are encouraged to seek medical treatment and stay home to rest.
2. Persons who meet the qualification for the vaccination category should receive the vaccine as soon as possible. Register at the Keelung City Health Bureau COVID-10 Vaccination Clinic Information (https://www.klchb.klcg.gov.tw/tw/klchb/1361-249789.html). Go to the epidemic prevention section to view the vaccination promotional videos.
3. Regulation of entering the campus: (According to the latest Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) preventive measures for COVID-19)
(1) Those who are under 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention can go out and enter schools and laboratories if they are asymptomatic and have a negative result of the quick test every 2 days.
(2) Confirmed cases:
A. From November 11 to November 13, 7+n days of at-home quarantine. During the 7-day quarantine, individuals are prohibited from going to the campus and laboratory.
B. From November 14, 5+n days of home quarantine. During the 5-day quarantine, individuals are prohibited from going to the campus and laboratory.
C. Self-health management (n=0~7 days): After the quarantine is over, the self-health management can be released if they have negative result of the quick test. Those who are positive for the quick test will continue to self-health management for at most 7 days. Students are allowed to attend classes if they are asymptomatic. Please always wear masks on campus.
(3) Close contacts (those who live with confirmed cases):
From November 7, it will be adjusted to 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention. Those who are under 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention: if they are asymptomatic and have a negative result of the quick test every 2 days, they can go to the campus to work. Students can dine alone in the restaurant or have dinner with a specific person. After eating and leaving the seat, you should wear a mask immediately. Gatherings and going to crowded places are prohibited.
(4) Those who are under self-health monitoring (interacting with confirmed cases or people tested positive without wearing masks for more than 15 minutes): please wear masks. You can attend classes if tested negative for rapid test.
4. Everyone should wear a mask on campus. Individuals can remove their masks for conversational work or activities such as sports, photography, live broadcast, video recording, hosting, reporting, speeches, and lectures. But a person with COVID symptoms needs to wear a mask to do such activities. In addition, activities involving singing require wearing a mask as well. Students who are under self-health management and live in the dormitory must wear masks.
5. The following are the designations for the care and division of responsibilities: faculty and staff (Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC), overseas students (OSHS), international students (Office of the International Affairs), confirmed cases (Health Center); all departments are encouraged to continue to care for students.
1. All buildings should strengthen their environmental cleanliness. Those who do not wear masks are not allowed to enter the building.
2. Please refer to the website https://peadmin.ntou.edu.tw/?Lang=zh-tw for the opening hour of gymnasium.
3. The Occupational Safety and Health Center will strengthen its laboratory inspections, and the police force will strengthen its campus patrols.
4. Library: Students and school staff, please swipe student ID cards or staff cards to enter. Those who take library card issued by Office of Library and Information Technology, please give your card to the front desk for entry. University System of Taipei/MHOU teachers and students, and other readers, please go to the front desk for a visitor pass. Please refer to the library’s website for the opening hour.
5. When entering the restaurant, you should wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, and avoid talking, except for meals.
6. Teachers, students, and staff should continue to follow the relevant regulations when participating in the banquet.
【Student Official Leave for Covid-19】
1. In order to reduce the risk of infection by contact with paper, the school has changed the way of reviewing students' leave requests to be conducted online through the "Academic Information System," and there is no need to print out paper leave requests.
2. Due to the following circumstances, students who are unable to attend the class should submit relevant supporting documents to the " Academic Information System " to ask for leave and contact the teacher and the department. After the leave is approved, please report the result to the teacher.
(1) Confirmed case.
(2) Mild cases which are under quarantine or tested positive.
(3) Close COVID contacts who are under quarantine or border quarantine.
(4) COVID contacts in the same working and studying environment.
(5) Adverse reactions to vaccination: vaccinated students must submit a copy of the “COVID-19 Vaccination Card” for processing. The number of days for the leave is up to 3 consecutive days (including holidays) from the day of vaccination.
(6) Family care leave (to assist in epidemic prevention): can avail of the leave if the student will accompany a family or relative (at most second-degree blood relatives), or spouse, for a maximum of 3 days. Students must attach the photocopy of the "COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card" and any proof of affinity.
(7) For special reasons, it should be approved by the relevant organizers.
3. The above reasons for leave requests cooperate with the epidemic prevention work. It will not be counted as an absence.
【Faculty and Staff Work Arrangement】
1. Faculty and staff who have a history of contact with confirmed cases or experiencing fever or other flu-like symptoms, abnormal sense of smell, or unexplained diarrhea, please seek medical treatment or COVID-19 screening the soonest as possible. Those with symptoms can take time off to recuperate at home and should not go to work on campus if.
2. Faculty members infected with Covid-19 can take official leave. The faculty member who are under self-initiated epidemic prevention with symptoms, or has to take care of children under 12/disabled children who have to take online classes, are allowed to work from home. Those who are under self-initiated epidemic prevention can go to the campus for work if tested negative for rapid test and asymptomatic, and please wear masks all the time and maintain social distancing.
3. Those who WFH should still work online every day and fill in the work log for the accomplishments and send it to the unit supervisor for audit upon reporting to school.
4. In order to avoid contact opportunities, try to use online documents to sign off. If it is a paper document, you should leave as soon as possible after delivery and do not wait for the signature in the office.
【Other important things】
1. Enrollment Examination
The method of admission exam will be adjusted anytime following the announcements released by the Central Epidemic Command Center and the guidelines of the Ministry of Education. For the adjustments, please refer to the University's admission information website.
2. Conferences and events can be held face-to-face or can also be online if needed. Pandemic preventive measures have to be implemented during face-to-face conferences and events.
3. Procurement cases related to the General Affairs Office may be extended when necessary and should follow a letter from the Engineering Council. On-campus construction projects can continue, and relevant personnel should observe epidemic prevention management following prescribed regulations.
4. New Ocean Researcher 2
(1) For researchers: Those who have filled out the health management form within 14 days before sailing if they are released from quarantine according to the CECC and negative result of the quick test.
(2) For crew members: Follow the instructions of CECC and Maritime Port Bureau.
Wish everyone good health and happiness. Let us all beat the COVID-19 together.