The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has adjusted preventive measures for COVID-19 since May 1. On December 1, 2022, the 57th pandemic prevention meeting was held under the supervision of President Tai-Wen Hsu in response to the pandemic situation and the regulation launched by the Ministry of Education (MOE). The latest adjustments will be updated on the NTOU’s website. All faculty members, staff, and students should follow the preventive measures to ensure everyone’s safety!
1. All classes, including PE classes, are switched back to face-to-face classes.
(1) Pandemic prevention measures have to be abided by:
A. Teachers do not need to wear masks while teaching, but must wear masks except for the time of class. A person with COVID symptoms or cannot maintain social distancing with unspecified person needs to wear a mask at all times.
B. Students must wear masks and sanitize their hands all the time and are not allowed to eat or drink during classes.
C. All the classrooms should have good ventilation, and the equipment should get sanitized regularly.
(2) Each teaching unit should make sure the equipment and lesson plan for online classes are well-prepared.
2. Each teaching unit should provide online teaching and exam for new-coming students who are currently not in Taiwan or are under self-health management and record students' attendance (e.g., video files or other evidence for attendance).
3. During the period of health management, students who cannot attend school must complete online assessments or reports given by teachers.
1. All buildings should strengthen their environmental cleanliness. Those who do not wear masks are not allowed to enter the building.
2. When entering the restaurant, you should wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, and avoid talking, except for meals.
3. Library: Faculty, staff, and students can enter and exit from the main entrance on the first floor of the library or the side entrance of the corridor on the second floor. Please refer to the library’s website for the opening hours.
4. Please refer to the website https://peadmin.ntou.edu.tw/?Lang=zh-tw for the opening hour of gymnasium.
5. The Occupational Safety and Health Center will strengthen its laboratory inspections, and the police force will strengthen its campus patrols.
1. Wearing masks is required in the public area of the dormitory. Dormitory residents must check their temperature when entering the dormitory.
2. Basically, confirmed cases who live in the dorm and their roommates should go back home. Those who are unable to go home should self-initiate epidemic prevention or quarantine at the place arranged by the school.
3. The dormitory public area will be cleaned and disinfected regularly; supplies for disinfection will be provided to the residents in need.
1. Outdoor space (outdoor places): Masks are not required.
2. Indoor space (indoor places): Everyone should wear a mask at all times. Individuals can remove their masks for giving speeches, lectures, photography, or activities such as sports, singing, playing music, ensembles, and dancing classes and teaching. They must wear masks except for the time of class. A person with COVID symptoms or cannot maintain social distancing with unspecified person needs to wear a mask at all times.
3. Regulation of entering the campus: (According to the latest Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) preventive measures for COVID-19)
(1) Those who are under 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention can go out and enter schools and laboratories if they are asymptomatic and have a negative result of the quick test every 2 days.
(2) Confirmed cases: (5+n days of home quarantine)
A. During the 5-day quarantine, individuals are prohibited from going to the campus and laboratory.
B. Self-health management (n=0~7 days): After the quarantine is over, the self-health management can be released if they have negative result of the quick test. Those who are positive for the quick test will continue to self-health management for at most 7 days. Students are allowed to attend classes if they are asymptomatic. Please always wear masks on campus.
(3) Close contacts (those who live with confirmed cases):
0+7 Self-initiated epidemic prevention: Those who are under 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention: if they are asymptomatic and have a negative result of the quick test every 2 days, they can go to the campus to work. Students can dine alone in the restaurant or have dinner with a specific person. After eating and leaving the seat, you should wear a mask immediately. Gatherings and going to crowded places are prohibited.
(4) Those who are under self-health monitoring (interacting with confirmed cases or people tested positive without wearing masks for more than 15 minutes): please wear masks. You can attend classes if tested negative for rapid test.
4. Health Inform: If students or teachers on campus are diagnosed or tested positive, please fill in the "Confirmed/Close Contact Notification" in the school's epidemic prevention area as soon as possible. Teachers and students should contact the teaching assistants of their respective departments. Staff should contact the Occupational Safety and Health Center. The departments and the Occupation Safety and Health Center will report to the Health Protection Team of the Academic Affairs Office as soon as possible so the person concerned can assist in caring or carrying out the related work.
(1) Health Care group (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM): 02-24622192 ext. 1070-1073.
(2) Non-working hours:
A. School Safety Center: 02-24629976 #1403、1404
B. Health Protection Team Line ID: @084ddfua
5. Students and staff must continue to manage their health. Everyone should wear a mask, do frequent hand washing, pay attention to the area's ventilation, and avoid crowded places. Individuals with fever and respiratory symptoms must wear a mask and are encouraged to seek medical treatment and stay home to rest.
6. Persons who meet the qualification for the vaccination category should receive the vaccine as soon as possible.
7. The following are the designations for the care and division of responsibilities: faculty and staff (Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC), overseas students (OSHS), international students (Office of the International Affairs), confirmed cases (Health Center); all departments are encouraged to continue to care for students.
【Student Official Leave for Covid-19】
1. In order to reduce the risk of infection by contact with paper, the school has changed the way of reviewing students' leave requests to be conducted online through the "Academic Information System," and there is no need to print out paper leave requests.
2. Due to the following circumstances, students who are unable to attend the class should submit relevant supporting documents to the " Academic Information System " to ask for leave and contact the teacher and the department. After the leave is approved, please report the result to the teacher.
(1) Confirmed case.
(2) Mild cases which are under quarantine or tested positive.
(3) Close COVID contacts who are under quarantine or border quarantine.
(4) COVID contacts in the same working and studying environment.
(5) Adverse reactions to vaccination: vaccinated students must submit a copy of the “COVID-19 Vaccination Card” for processing. The number of days for the leave is up to 3 consecutive days (including holidays) from the day of vaccination.
(6) Family care leave (to assist in epidemic prevention): can avail of the leave if the student will accompany a family or relative (at most second-degree blood relatives), or spouse, for a maximum of 3 days. Students must attach the photocopy of the "COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card" and any proof of affinity.
(7) For special reasons, it should be approved by the relevant organizers.
3. The above reasons for leave requests cooperate with the epidemic prevention work. It will not be counted as an absence.
【COVID-19 Diagnosis claim for Student Group Insurance】
1. Students who are covered by students group insurance can file claim application if they are confirmed cases of severe hospitalization and quarantine treatment. For the required documents, content, and notices for claim, please refer to the following websites:
(1) School's epidemic prevention website: https://2019-ncov.ntou.edu.tw/.
(2) Office of Student Affairs website: https://stu.ntou.edu.tw/p/412-1023-7511.php?Lang=zh-tw.
【Faculty and Staff Work Arrangement】
1. Faculty and staff who have a history of contact with confirmed cases or experiencing fever or other flu-like symptoms, abnormal sense of smell, or unexplained diarrhea, please seek medical treatment or COVID-19 screening the soonest as possible. Those with symptoms can take time off to recuperate at home and should not go to work on campus if.
2. Faculty members infected with Covid-19 can take official leave. The faculty member who are under self-initiated epidemic prevention with symptoms, or has to take care of children under 12 disabled children who have to take online classes, are allowed to work from home. Those who are under self-initiated epidemic prevention can go to the campus for work if tested negative for rapid test and asymptomatic, and please wear masks all the time and maintain social distancing.
3. Those who WFH should still work online every day and fill in the work log for the accomplishments and send it to the unit supervisor for audit upon reporting to school.
4. In order to avoid contact opportunities, try to use online documents to sign off. If it is a paper document, you should leave as soon as possible after delivery and do not wait for the signature in the office.
【Other important things】
1. Conferences and events can be held face-to-face or can also be online if needed. Pandemic preventive measures have to be implemented during face-to-face conferences and events.
2. Travel Abroad: Faculty, staff, and students traveling abroad shall follow the normal leave procedures on campus. When entering Taiwan, you must fill out the report in the school's epidemic prevention website.
Wish everyone good health and happiness. Let us all beat the COVID-19 together.