This Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is about the VISA processing and arrival procedures for all new students. There will be another SOP once you arrive in Taiwan; please, go through the checklist form for the registration procedures. The Taiwan Ministry of Education (MOE ) allows all international students to enter Taiwan for educational purposes. Inform OIA whether you want to pursue your education at the National Taiwan Ocean University ( NTOU) or to defer for one more semester.
- Log in to the NTOU's Academic Information System (AIS) to register for a student account . We will provide you with the student ID and password.
- Take the online courses and choose your advising professor (for Masters & Ph. D. students only).
- When taking online courses, you can apply for the VISA and book the flight ticket.
- Once you have obtained the VISA and booked the flight ticket, send it to the Office of International Affairs (OIA) 14 days earlier.
- After receiving your VISA and flight details, OIA will forward them to MOE.
- MOE will review your application and then forward the review results to OIA.
- The OIA will issue you with an entry permit.
- Once you have arrived in Taiwan, you are not allowed to use public transport. You are supposed to take special designated taxis for transportation.
- You will be placed under 14 days of mandatory quarantine in registered hotels. You must pay for hotel fees yourself.
- After 14 days of quarantine period, you need to undergo another 7 days of self-health management in International Student dormitory (outside campus).
- If you broke any quarantine rules, your scholarship will be REVOKED .
Updated Jan. 27 2022